Art of Peace
Tattoo Gallery LLC
Tattoo Aftercare Instructions
Please email to arrange a
- CLEAN your hands with soap and warm water.
- If applicable; remove and dispose of breathable bandage (8 to 24 hours after procedure)
- CLEAN TATTOO with mild, preferably unscented hypoallergenic, soap and warm water. Use only your clean hand. NO WASHCLOTHS OR LUFFAS as they may be abrasive and harbor bacteria.
- If any dried ink or blood is present, be sure to clean away as this will lead to scabbing. (Wash and rinse multiple times if need-be)
- DAB the area dry with a CLEAN towel. Wiping or rubbing will be painful and may reopen the wound.
- Once area is DRY, use a CLEAN FINGER to apply a TINY amount of OINTMENT* to the tattoo. Gently rub into skin. SHOULD NOT LOOK WET! It is better to have too little than to over-medicate.
- LEAVE TATTOO UNCOVERED to breathe and heal properly. The ointment will act as a barrier against dirt and bacteria.
*A&D ointment, Bacitracin Zinc, or other Tattoo Aftercare approved by Artist. NO CREAMS OR LOTIONS!
-AT LEAST 2-3 TIMES/DAY : Morning/Night and any other time the tattoo has come in contact with an unclean surface.
-CLEAN TATTOO and APPLY MINIMAL OINTMENT as described above.
-STOP USING OINTMENT!!
-Continue to wash area twice a day as described above.
-You may use unscented skin lotion at this point to help with itching that may occur as the healing area begins to peel.
UNTIL THE TATTOO IS HEALED, PLEASE AVOID: tanning/sunbathing, swimming, soaking the affected area, using harsh chemicals like alcohol or peroxide, and scratching or picking at any scabs that may form. These may lead to scarring and/or infection.
PLEASE STOP IN AND SEE THE ARTIST WITH ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS YOU MAY HAVE.